September 29, 2010

Utah

Reese and I headed to Utah a few days after we returned from Vancouver. We basically had a 3-week long vacation. No complaints here! Not to sound like a broken record, but I got to take Reese's car seat on our flight to and from Salt Lake City. Again, nothing short of amazing-ness. I actually got to listen to my iPod and read a book.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures in Utah. We had a great time spending time with family and friends. Reese LOVED the dogs at my parents house. She generally likes dogs, but her and Max had a good time chasing each other around and sharing toys (gross, I know.)
We had a more official birthday party for Reese with family. I went with an owl theme and I had lots of fun planning it! My mom and I stayed up late the night before putting her owl cake together. I was excited, it looked really good! However, my mom woke me up the next morning by saying, "Meg, your cake tipped over." Yep. The owl slowly hunched forward in the night. Grrrr. We saved the head and it became Reese's smash cake. We started over and it turned out fine.


The owl cake!

The smash cake








I'm glad that I am able to go to Utah frequently and spend time with our family there. It always amazes me how fast 2 weeks goes by, though. It feels like I'm going to be there for a long time, but it always is over before I know it.

1 comment:

  1. I had so much being home from Alaska and having Reese and Sophia together to do stuff with. I didn't want to go back to work. I think it was the hardest return I have ever had. Mom says that we bought tickets for exactly the same days in Dec-Jan. How weird is that.
    Daddio

    ReplyDelete