November 24, 2009

three months

Reese hit her three month mark on the 20th of November. I think she weighs around 11 pounds. She's a little girl...long and skinny. Grandma and Grandpa Ahlstrom were in town so we celebrated by going out for Greek food!

She has changed SO much over the past 2 weeks. I can't believe all the new skills she has learned so quickly. A couple weeks ago I felt bad because she didn't have any toys, so I made a very ghetto toy for her to play with. It's a tin foil ball suspended with dental floss. I told you it was ghetto. No worries, though, because she LOVES this thing. When I initially made it, she would stare at it and every once in a while, she'd swat at it. Over the past 2 weeks, she has become a tinfoil grabbing pro. Now once you put it over her, she immediately grabs for it with both hands. It is so fun to watch. In other hand/eye coordination news, she has almost mastered her thumb sucking skills, as well. For a while, she would have to search around for her thumb. Now she can usually stick her thumb right where she wants it. There are still times when she just sticks every finger she can manage in there and ends up with slobber all over her face. I'm her mom, so I think it's really cute.

And now the big news, she ROLLED OVER. Not once, but THREE times. And, of course all of this happened minutes after I left, so I didn't get to see it. I left to go do my visiting teaching, and she decided it was time to roll. Brady and Grandma Gail were the lucky spectators. And of course I haven't been able to get her to do it again. But seriously, I cannot believe that she is old enough to be doing these sort of tricks! sigh...

Sorry about the lack of better pictures, I broke the lens on my camera a few weeks ago, and haven't been able to replace it yet....

other fun facts:
-Loves to "talk" to Dad when he comes home from work at night. He is able to get her making lots of noises.
-Has discovered her screaming voice and loves to hear herself make funny, cute screeching noises. (We'll see how long they're cute!)
-Getting better and better at tummy time. This is obvious as she has rolled over.
-Will grab toys placed in front of her. Today she was laying on the floor while I was eating breakfast and I looked over and she had picked up a toy in each hand.
-Has fun looking at herself in the mirror. She'll smile at herself and watch her hands and feet move around.
-Still a generally good sleeper. She had a short stretch of sleeping 9-10 hours at night. She got a little mixed up with G & G in town, so hopefully she'll get back to her routine soon. She is napping about 3 times a day (around 10:30am, 2 pm, and 5 pm...give or take) for 45 minutes to an hour.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment