March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We had our first glimpse of Chicago's St. Patrick's Day celebration last weekend. St. Pat's is a pretty big deal here. There are a couple of big parades, various cultural celebrations, and of course the dyeing of the Chicago River. My mom was in town, so we headed out to go check out the river.


The river was very cool to see. It's amazing how green they get it! I knew it was a big day for partying...but it was pure craziness. Everyone was decked out in green. (I'm festive! Check out my coat!) At 2 pm we saw TONS of people completely drunk, barely able to walk down the street. Pretty much every garbage can was overflowing with beer cartons, cans, bottles, etc. Every bar we walked past was packed!


While my mom was here, Reese figured out the army crawl. The girl is fast! And determined. If she sees something she wants, she goes after it and nothing will stop her. She can get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth. She can't quite figure out the arm thing though, but I'm sure she'll figure it out soon enough. And I'm scared. I told Brady we're getting some sort of cage/fence apparatus.



The last pictures are of Reese last Sunday. She is wearing my blessing dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment